(Recognized by AICF)
(AICF Event Code: 57425/CHAN/2011)
27th April to 1st May 2011
Under the auspices of All India Chess Federation
St. Xavier’s Sr. Secondary School,
Arrival Time 05:00 pm 26-04-2011
Opening Ceremony 09:30 am 27-04-2011
Players Meeting 10:00 am 207-04-2011
Round 1 11:00 am 27-04-2011
Round 2 04:00 pm 27-04-2011
Round 3 09:30 am 28-04-2011
Round 4 03:30 pm 28-04-2011
Round 5 09:30 am 29-04-2011
Round 6 03:30 pm 29-04-2011
Round 7 09:30 am 30-04-2011
Round 8 03:30 pm 30-04-2011
Round 9 08:30 am 01-05-2011
Prize Distribution Ceremony 02:00 pm 01-05-2011
1st Prize – Rs. 21,000/- + Trophy,
3rd Rs. 11,000/-,
5th Rs. 6000/-,
6th Rs. 5000/-,
7th Rs. 4000/-,
8th Rs. 3000/-,
10th to 14th Rs. 1500/- each,
15th to 20th Rs. 1100/- each.
Best Player ELO 1401 -1900 Rs. 1200
Best Player ELO 1901 -2099 Rs. 1200
Best Player ELO 2100 -2200 Rs. 1200
Best Unrated Rs. 1100/-, Best Women Rs. 1000/-
Best Veteran (Above 50 yrs) Rs. 1000/-
Note: Player has to score minimum 4 points for the above category.
Age Group Prizes
Best Under-15 Boy Rs. 1100/-, Best Under-15 Girl Rs.1100/-
Best Under-10 Boy Rs. 1100/-, Best Under-10 Girl Rs.1100/-
Age Group Prizes for
1. Cash prizes will be shared on same points
2. One Player will be given one prize only.
3. Age proof certificates are necessary to claim age group prizes.
Unrated Players : Rs. 1800
Below 1800 : Rs. 1600
Rated 1800 to 1999 : Rs. 1400
Rated 2000 to 2199 : Rs. 1200
Last Date of Entry : 24-04-2011
1. There will be discount of Rs.200 on entry fee if received before 1st April, 2011.
3. Entry fee will be collected vide March. 2011 Fide Rating List.
4. Entries must be deposited by 24th April, 2011 thereafter a late fee of Rs. 300/- will be charged upto evening of 26th April 2011
Entries should be sent
by DD in favor of “
Address for sending entries :
Mr. Naveen Bansal,
House No. 2626, Sector-37
1. Out station players should make their own lodging arrangements.
2. Lodging arrangements in hotels/bhavan can be arranged on payment basis from 26th to 30th April, 2011.
3. Hotels/Bhavan are at a walking distance from venue.
1. Non A/C Hotel accommodation on double sharing basis Rs. 1000/- per person from 26th to 30th April 2011.
2. Non A/C Accommodation in Sood Bhavan on double sharing basis Rs. 1000/- per person from 26th to 30th April 2011.
Note: Those who require accommodation should pay the amount along with Entry Fee before 1st April, 2011. Accommodation will be provided on first come first serve basis.
All India Chess Federation Registration for the year 2011 is compulsory for all the participants and proof should be enclosed/shown to the organizers. AICF Registration can be done at the venue by paying Rs.250/-.
Association registration is compulsory for
1. 9 Rounds Swiss League
2. Buchholz Tie- Break System will be applied.
3. Appeal Committee of 5 members with 2 reserves amongst the senior participants official present at players meeting shall be formed before the commencement of the tournament. All the members and reserves will be from different states. No member of the committee can vote on dispute in which a player from his state is involved and in such case reserve members shall take his place in the committee.
4. In case of dispute the Tournament Director’s decision will be final and binding on all.
5. Protest have to be lodged in writing within 30 minutes of the occurrence of the incident along with a fee of Rs. 500/- which shall be refunded only if the protest is upheld.
6. The decision of the appeal committee/ Chief Arbiter will be final and binding on all the players.
7. The organisers of the tournament have the right to accept or reject any entry fee without giving any reason.
8. The organisers of the tournament reserve the right to make necessary changes in rules pertaining to the tournament.
9. The time control will be 90 min + 30 sec increment per move.
10. Smoking/Drinking is strictly prohibited in the school premises.
Dr. Vipnesh Bhardwaj : 098146-15100 (Chairperson, Chandigarh Chess Academy)
Mr. Naveen Bansal : 094171-48610 (Founder Director, Chandigarh Chess Academy)
Web Site : www.chessinchandigarh.com
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
No request towards the waiver of entry fee or late fee will be entertained.
Players are requested to bring their own Chess Clocks.