Date: August, 5th 2023 2:15 pm - August, 6th 2023 9:00 am
CHANDIGARH CHESS ASSOCIATION
(Affiliated to All India Chess Federation)
Chandigarh U-19, U-15, U-11 and U-07 Open and Girls Chess Championship 2023
on 05th and 06th August 2023
VENUE: Chandigarh Baptist School, Sector 45-D, Chandigarh
Rs. 700 + 150/- (Entry fee + Annual registration)
Registration will be done online through www.chandigarhchess.com
Note: AICF registration of Rs. 300/- is compulsory for the Years 2023-24. Please register through https://prs.aicf.in/players
The Entry fee should be sent along with a self-attested copy of the original date of birth certificate (Birth Certificates from Panchayat / Municipality /Corporation only accepted) to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAST DATE OF ENTRY
August 04, 2023, till 5 PM. (No spot entry will be entertained)
Participants should be a resident/domicile of Chandigarh.
Studying in any educational institution located in Chandigarh.
Working in Chandigarh.
Under 19: Born on and after 01-01- 2004.
Under 15: Born on and after 01-01- 2008.
Under 11: Born on and after 01-01- 2012.
Under 07: Born on and after 01-01- 2016
|Reporting Time||02:15 PM||Saturday|
|Round 1||02:45 PM||Saturday|
|Round 2||Immediate after 1st round||Saturday|
|Round 3||09:00 AM||Sunday|
|Round 4||11:00 AM||Sunday|
|Round 5||02:15 PM||Sunday|
|Prize Distribution||04:15 PM||Sunday|
- First, four boys and four girls in the Under 19, and Under 15 and two boys and two girls in the Under 11 and Under 07 categories will be selected to represent Chandigarh at the Nationals is to be held at different places in India. All selected players will be given trophies and certificates. Participation certificates will be given to all the participants.
- All participants must be registered with AICF for the year 2023-2024.
- The organising committee reserves its right to accept or reject any entry received after the due date.
- Mere entry submission does not confirm a participant’s eligibility.
- Entry once paid is non-refundable.
- Parents and accompanying persons are not allowed inside the tournament hall.
- By enrolling for the events, the players must abide by all the terms and conditions of the championship for participation.
Rules & Regulations
- The tournament will be played under the Swiss System.
- of rounds and a detailed schedule will be decided before the start of the first round.
- If a player is absent in any round without informing his withdrawal from the tournament will be automatically assumed.
- Default Time: The default time for arriving at the chessboard is 15 minutes.
- Time Control: The rate of play shall be 45 minutes with an increment of 15 seconds per move from move number one.
- Tie Break: Following is the order of tie-break:
- Buchholz Cut 1
- Sonneborn Berger
- Direct encounter
- The greater number of wins (forfeit included)
- The greater number of wins by black
- Protest: In all cases of disputes and/or Interpretation of the rules the decision of the organising committee (Chandigarh Chess Association) will be final and binding on all players. Protest, if any, against the decision of the organising committee shall be made in writing with a protest fee of Rs. 1000/- within 15 min of the occurrence of the incident. The amount shall be refunded if the appeal is upheld by the committee.
- The organising committee reserves its right to change or alter the rules, if necessary, without prior intimation.
- All participants are expected to maintain silence and discipline in Tournament Hall.
- No friendly games or analysis of games is allowed inside the tournament hall.
- International Chess Sets will be used.
- Players should bring their own chess clocks.
- Mobiles and smartwatches are in the switched-off mode and placed in the bag.
- Vipnesh Bhardwaj – 9814615100
- Naveen Bansal – 9417148610
- C M Sharma – 9417006514
Naveen Bansal Dr. Vipnesh Bhardwaj
Vice President Hony. Secretary
(Chandigarh Chess Association) (Chandigarh Chess Association)
Mob. 9417148610,7888932413 Mob. 9814615100
Chandigarh Baptist School Sec 45 D
Vipnesh Bhardwaj, Naveen Bansal